Our Young Artist Advisory Panel provides greater opportunities for young people interested in artistic leadership.
The panel consist of young artists between the ages of 13 and 25 who ensure that young people’s voices and opinions remain at the core of the work we do.
In 2019, our panel members are:
- Linda Chen
- Jemma Collins
- Sasha Finlay
- Gemma Hudson
- Tara McClelland
- Elektra Spencer
The YAAP meet monthly as a group with the Artistic Director to:
- Participate in conversations about programming and developing the artistic vision of Canberra Youth Theatre
- Contribute to ideas for new workshops and masterclasses
- Learn about the management of a theatre company
- Help develop opportunities for emerging artists
- Lead new initiatives to support the growth of Canberra Youth Theatre
YAAP members act as ambassadors for Canberra Youth Theatre, help to promote productions and programs, and work to build a positive, supportive and creative environment.
If you are excited to work with us and want to make your voice heard in shaping the future of Canberra Youth Theatre, then this is the opportunity for you.
Please email though your expressions of interest and a short description of why you would like to be involved to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to discuss this program in more detail call Luke on 6248 5057.
Please address the following as part of your EOI:
- What do you love most about Canberra Youth Theatre? What do you think it does best?
- What changes might you like to see at Canberra Youth Theatre? How do you think it can innovate?
- What do you want to get out of participating in this program?
- Also include the age you are turning this year.