Discover the joy of performance and creative play in this weekly workshop that introduces young artists to a variety of theatre skills. Through fun and engaging activities, participants will explore improvisation and storytelling, build their confidence and discover techniques to express themselves creatively. The first term of the semester focuses on skills development and ensemble work. In the second term, these new discoveries in collaboration and devising culminate in a performance for family and friends based on the ideas and imagination of our young artists.
- Build confidence and social skills through creative play
- Explore stories, narratives, and ideas through group improvisations
- Collaborate on the creation of a live performance
|TIME||Tuesday 4:30 – 6:00pm|
|DATES||10 February – 26 June 2020 (excludes school and public holidays)|
|PERFORMANCE DATE||Tuesday 16 June 2020|
|LOCATION||Gorman Arts Centre – Batman Street, Braddon(meet outside C-Block)|
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: $405 (Enrol before 31 January 2020)
|WORKSHOP ARTIST||Claire Holland|
|NOTES||– This is a semester long program. |
– Two-part payment plan available. 2nd instalment due 9 April 2020.
– Sibling discount: Enter SISBRO into the promotion box. (You must enrol two participants in the same workshop to receive this sibling discount. If you wish to enrol two participants in two different workshops, you’ll need to phone us on 02 6248 5057.)
– Wear comfortable clothes you can move around in and a drink bottle.