If you’re applying for drama school, or want to make the most of your next audition, here’s your chance to refine your audition skills with our Artistic Director Luke Rogers. Working from a depth of directing and audition panel experience, Luke will guide young actors through the process of articulating their casting type, selecting monologues, and refining their choices for performance.
In this intensive three day program, actors will practice and perfect contrasting monologues, and learn how to prepare for the challenges of the audition room. During the final session, we will be offering filming of monologues that can be used for Drama School Auditions.
This workshop is ideal for those who are applying for drama schools, recent graduates looking to improve their confidence in an audition environment and actors who are ready to take the next step in their career.
- Advice on piece selection to support your strengths as an actor
- Making strong, active choices within your monologue
- Interrogate choices to make new discoveries
- Understanding and demystifying the audition process
- Dealing with performance anxiety
- Being confident and spontaneous when taking direction during the audition process
This workshop will be delivered in line with government social distancing requirements and our COVIDsafe plan. Please note that due to restrictions, places are limited.
|DATES||3x Tuesday nights|
1 September, 8 September, 15 September,
|TIMES||6:00pm – 9:00pm|
|LOCATION||Gorman Arts Centre, Batman St Braddon|
|WHO||16- 25 year olds|
|WORKSHOP ARTIST||Luke Rogers|