Introducing… Claire Holland
We are so chuffed to have Claire round out our amazing team of residents. Claire is an ANU student with a wealth of theatre experience. We asked her some questions to help you get to know her!
1) Tell is a bit about yourself and the work you do.
I’m interested in theatre and the practice of devising
2) How did you discover your interest in theatre?
When I was in year four a family friend opened a local drama school for kids at my primary and so myself her daughter and my twin brother were the first students and I’ve kept doing theatre ever since.
3) What do you think is important for young people/young artists in 2020?
I think it is important for young people to be provided with space and opportunity to create, experiment, speak their mind and develop their own opinions as well as practice creativity.
4) What are you most excited for in your new role as Resident Artist?
The opportunity to learn
5) What have you been reading/watching/listening to while things have been shut down?
I would love to have been erudite but everything I’ve consumed has been kinda trashy – I watched Twilight for the first time (I somehow skipped the whole of 2008 apparently?) and rewatched Gossip Girl which is terrible but fun. Reading – have not read that much really – I reread Primates of Park Avenue, started the Goldfinch but didn’t finish and started a Book Depository wishlist but didn’t buy anything. Listening – the Bon Appetit foodcast is really the only podcast I listen to.