Thursday 19 March
At Canberra Youth Theatre our first priority is the care and safety of our community including all young artists enrolled in any of our programs and their families, our staff, board, workshop artists, creative teams, and audiences.
Our workshop program is currently going ahead. We are actively monitoring news and advice around the current coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and have measures in place to ensure we continue to provide a safe environment for our staff and participants.
We encourage all our community members to closely follow the advice of the Australian Government.
- If you feel unwell or have any flu like symptoms, please do not attend workshops or events.
- If you have any concerns or feel unwell during your workshop, please notify your workshop artist immediately.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly, and practice other good hygiene habits.
- If you have recently returned from overseas or have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with the virus, self isolate according to advice.
The following measures have been taken to ensure our Weekly Workshops at Ainslie and Gorman Arts Centres are a safe environment for all participants, and we are operating in line with their COVID-19 Response Plan:
- Prior to starting your workshop, we will be asking all of our participants to wash their hands thoroughly using the soap and hand sanitiser we will be providing.
- Workshop activities are being modified to ensure minimal physical contact between participants.
- Cleaning protocols have been increased and surfaces including door handles and taps will be sanitised before and after workshops.
Our Schools Program is operating in line with the relevant school protocols and activities have been adjusted to ensure minimal physical contact.
We continue to monitor advice and will adjust our response accordingly. If you have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
In times of great uncertainty like these, we are working to alleviate some of the anxiety that our young artists might be experiencing, and want to ensure that we can continue to provide safe spaces for them to be creative.
Stay safe, and we look forward to seeing you at our workshops and productions soon.
Artistic Director & CEO